Rainout Line Weather Cancellation Status & Sign-Up
Stay up-to-date when adverse weather affects the programs and events that are important to you and choose how you want to be notified. You can sign up for text or email alerts, view the status directly from this page, download the app to your smartphone, or call the hotline number for a recorded update. To sign up & learn more, see details below!
- EMAIL & TEXT ALERTS **Recommended**
Subscribe to email and/or text alerts by clicking on the link located under the blue and gold Rainout Line logo below and on the left side of this page.
Manage your text and/or email subscriptions by selecting the activity/facility categories, and establishing the length of time you want to receive notifications. You will automatically receive a text or email notification when there has been a change to those events/programs/facilities/camps.
- DOWNLOAD THE APP
Download the FREE “Rainout Line App” on your iPhone or Android. Links for downloading are at the bottom left side of this page.
– Once you have downloaded the app., search for “Park District of Highland Park” Click the star to the right, to make this your favorite so it will always show up first when you refer to the app in the future.
– On the next screen, click the stars next to the events/programs/facilities/camps you want to be your favorites so they will show up first when you refer to the app in the future.
– The Green Circle means a program is “a go” as planned. The Red Stop Sign means the program is either “cancelled or there has been a location change.” You can click on the event/program/facilities/camps to see more detail.
View the status of all available activity and facility categories at the bottom this page at any time.
The Green Circle means a program is” a go” as planned. The Red Stop Sign means the program is either “cancelled or there has been a location change.” On your desktop, you can hover over or click on the event/program/facilities/camps to see more detail. On your smart phone, you can click on the event/program/facilities/camps to see more detail.
- HOTLINE PHONE NUMBER Or, call the Park District of Highland Park Rainout Line at (847) 579-9008 and enter the extension number for automated updates to any program listed below. (see each activity/facility extension below or listen to the list by clicking on “Listen to Phone Menu” on the bottom left side of this page).