Off-Leash Dog Parks & Beach
NEW! For the safety of our dog park members and their pets, an electronic fob system has been installed at the Debbie Gottlieb Beitler Dog Park at Larry Fink Memorial Park.
The Moraine Beach off-leash dog park is now open and the Highland Park Golf Learning Center off-leash dog park is closed for the season.
Two off-leash dog parks and one off-leash dog beach are available to registered members:
- Debbie Gottlieb Beitler Dog Park at Larry Fink Memorial Park – (701 Deer Creek Parkway) a relaxed park-like atmosphere with two off-leash exercise areas, depending on the size of your dog. Open all year long.
- Moraine Beach – (2501 Sheridan Road) a beautiful view and opportunity for your dog to cool off in Lake Michigan. Typically open April – November.
- Highland Park Golf Learning Center – (2205 Skokie Valley Highway) a large venue for your dog to run off some of that cabin fever energy. There are two off-leash exercise areas available, depending on the size of your dog. Typically open December – mid-March.
*Opening and closing dates are weather dependent.
- Membership is required for admittance in the off-leash dog areas. You will receive a key fob membership card within then business days of registration. You must carry this key fob membership card with you when visiting all off-leash dog park areas.
- Registration can be completed online or in person at Heller Nature Center.
- Membership is valid for a 12-month period from date of purchase.
- Resident: $50 first dog ($25 each additional dog). Must provide 2016-17 City of Highland Park dog tag number.
- Nonresident: $150 first dog ($75 each additional dog). Must provide current rabies vaccination tag number. A parking sticker will be provided for use of Moraine Beach dog park.
*In order to receive discount, registration must be completed before January 1, 2017.
Hours of Operation
- All Off-Leash Dog Exercise Areas are open from dawn until dusk 7 days a week.
- The parks & beach will close periodically for cleaning and maintenance purposes.
- Locked off-leash exercise area, accessible only with key fob membership card at Debbie Gottlieb Park.
- Wash station available mid-April through October at Moraine Beach and Debbie Gottlieb Park.
- Picnic tables & benches at Debbie Gottlieb Park.
- Pickup bag dispensers and trash receptacles.
The fenced dog exercise areas are the ONLY Park District locations that dogs are allowed off-leash. We want all of our guests to have fun and be safe; rules and regulations will be strictly enforced. Dog owner cooperation and compliance is the key to the success of this program.
Rules and Regulations
- Presentation of your key fob membership card is required for use of the parks and is not transferable.
- Dogs must be on-leash and under control to and from the off-leash exercise area.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs and are solely responsible for their dogs.
- Dogs not under control or uncooperative will have their registration revoked.
- Children must be at least 10 years of age to enter the off leash area and must be closely supervised.
- Maximum of two dogs per person on any single visit.
- Dogs must be fully immunized and display City of Highland Park and rabies tag.
- Violation of rules or ordinances will result in loss of privileges with no refund and fines up to $500.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash only in the designated fenced enclosures.