- Membership is required for admittance in the dog parks. You will receive a key fob membership card within ten business days of registration. You must carry this key fob membership card with you when visiting all off-leash dog park areas.
- If you are a Highland Park resident, your dog must be registered with the City of Highland Park before you can be issued your key fob. If you do not have a city tag for your dog, you can apply for one with the City here.
- Registration can be completed online. Physical paperwork is also available at Heller Nature Center.
- Key fobs are mailed out which can take up to 7-10 business days.
- Membership includes a parking sticker for the Moraine Park parking lot.
- Membership is valid for a 12-month period from date of purchase.
Debbie Gottlieb Beitler Dog Park
In Larry Fink Memorial Park, 701 Deer Creek Parkway
Open year-round. A relaxed park-like atmosphere with separate off-leash exercise areas, depending on the size of your dog. For the safety of our dog park members and their pets, an electronic fob system has been installed at the Debbie Gottlieb Beitler Dog Park. Wash station available mid-April through October. Pickup bag dispensers and trash receptacles are also available.
Highland Park Golf Learning Center
2205 Skokie Valley Highway
Open mid-December through mid-March (dates are weather dependent). A large outdoor venue for your dog to run off some of that cabin fever energy. There are two off-leash exercise areas available, depending on the size of your dog.
This dog park location is now closed for the year.
Moraine Dog-Friendly Beach
2501 Sheridan Rd.
Open mid-April through mid-November.
Please be aware that due to several years of high lake levels and erosion, the beach has undergone physical changes since it last opened. The site is not completely enclosed.
The beach is open to all, regardless of dog park membership.
A current parking sticker is required and must be adhered to your vehicle’s lower front window to park in the Moraine Park parking lot. A parking decal for Moraine Park is included with a dog park membership.
Must provide current City of Highland Park dog tag number
Must provide current rabies vaccination tag number.
Hours of Operation
- Dog parks are open from dawn until dusk 7 days a week.
- The parks will close periodically for cleaning and maintenance.
Rules & Regulations
Membership may be revoked if rule is violated.
- Presentation of your key fob membership card is required for use of the parks and is not transferable.
- Owners/handlers are solely responsible for damage or injury caused by their dogs to another dog, person or park property.
- Dogs must be fully immunized and display City of Highland Park and rabies tags.
- Maximum of two dogs per person on any single visit.
- Dogs known to be aggressive are prohibited. Be prepared to leash your dog if it becomes aggressive.
- Dogs must wear collars at all times. Spiked or pinch collars are prohibited.
- Owners are responsible for immediately cleaning up and properly disposing of waste.
- Children must be at least 10 years of age to enter the off-leash area and must be closely supervised.
- Appropriate dog park behavior: no running, no chasing dogs, and no petting of other dogs unless permission is requested from owner first.
- Food is prohibited in the off-leash area.
- Designated small dog areas are reserved for dogs 25 pounds or less.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times when outside the off-leash area. Fines up to $500. City Ord. 61-09, J.35, p. 193-219 (Passed 10/26/09), Park District Ordinance No. 01-04, SECTION 2.03.