- Membership is required for admittance in the dog parks. You will receive a key fob membership card within ten business days of registration. You must carry this key fob membership card with you when visiting all off-leash dog park areas.
- Registration can be completed online.
- Membership is valid for a 12-month period from date of purchase.
Debbie Gottlieb Beitler Dog Park
In Larry Fink Memorial Park, 701 Deer Creek Parkway
Open year-round. A relaxed park-like atmosphere with separate off-leash exercise areas, depending on the size of your dog. For the safety of our dog park members and their pets, an electronic fob system has been installed at the Debbie Gottlieb Beitler Dog Park. Wash station available mid-April through October. Pickup bag dispensers and trash receptacles are also available.
Highland Park Golf Learning Center
2205 Skokie Valley Highway
Open mid-December through mid-March (dates are weather dependent). A large outdoor venue for your dog to run off some of that cabin fever energy. There are two off-leash exercise areas available, depending on the size of your dog.
Dog park closes at the end of the day on Sunday, March 20, 2022.
Moraine Dog Beach
2501 Sheridan Rd.
Currently closed. Record-setting rainfall in spring 2019 caused portions of the ravine path leading to beach to fail. For our residents and dog beach pass holders’ safety, the path and access to the dog beach were closed.
In summer 2019, the Park District began working on numerous repair approaches. In early 2020, an engineering firm was hired to develop preliminary plans. After careful consideration, the Park Board elected to defer the final design phase to a future year.
In June 2021, the project was approved to move forward. Construction of a boardwalk to restore lakefront access is scheduled for 2022.
Must provide 2020-21 City of Highland Park dog tag number
Must provide current rabies vaccination tag number.
Hours of Operation
- Dog parks are open from dawn until dusk 7 days a week.
- The parks will close periodically for cleaning and maintenance.
Rules & Regulations
Membership may be revoked if rule is violated.
- Presentation of your key fob membership card is required for use of the parks and is not transferable.
- Owners/handlers are solely responsible for damage or injury caused by their dogs to another dog, person or park property.
- Dogs must be fully immunized and display City of Highland Park and rabies tags.
- Maximum of two dogs per person on any single visit.
- Dogs known to be aggressive are prohibited. Be prepared to leash your dog if it becomes aggressive.
- Dogs must wear collars at all times. Spiked or pinch collars are prohibited.
- Owners are responsible for immediately cleaning up and properly disposing of waste.
- Children must be at least 10 years of age to enter the off-leash area and must be closely supervised.
- Appropriate dog park behavior: no running, no chasing dogs, and no petting of other dogs unless permission is requested from owner first.
- Food is prohibited in the off-leash area.
- Designated small dog areas are reserved for dogs 25 pounds or less.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times when outside the off-leash area. Fines up to $500. City Ord. 61-09, J.35, p. 193-219 (Passed 10/26/09), Park District Ordinance No. 01-04, SECTION 2.03.