Cancellations due to low enrollment– When a class is cancelled due to lack of enrollment, you will be notified by phone or email and a full refund will be issued.
Cancellations due to weather– Program cancellations due to weather will be posted here. This application will keep you up-to-date when adverse weather affects our programs. You can download our Park District of Highland Park app or call 847.579.9008.
Facility or District-Wide Emergency Closures– The Park District of Highland Park endeavors to keep its facilities and programs operating whenever possible. There are times, however, when weather, road conditions or facility malfunctions dictate that programs and/or services must be cancelled or temporarily postponed or entire facilities closed. In order to provide employees and patrons with a safe and secure environment in which to work and play, the Park District of Highland Park reserves the right to close a particular facility or cancel a program using the following criteria:
- Whenever School District 112 (D112) cancels school due to weather conditions, all Park District activities and programs held at a school site will follow the same the procedure the entire day and/or evening. When D112 cancellations take place in the morning (prior to the beginning of school), Park District programs at Park District facilities will also be cancelled through 12pm.
- Program cancellation will be consistent district wide unless there are facility specific reasons for cancellation.
- When programs are cancelled:
- Affiliate and youth groups will be cancelled.
- Adult rental groups will be given the option to cancel without penalty so long as they follow the above time period.
- Private lessons/training staff or clients are given the option to cancel without penalty
- Drop in classes and/or programs will be determined by the facility manager
- In all situations, the Park District reserves the right to adapt this procedure and make decisions based extenuating circumstances and/or on the safety of staff, patrons, and/or participants.
- Park district facilities themselves will remain open for non-registered and/or drop-in activities (e.g. fitness and tennis club use, public skating, open gym, cross country ski rentals, etc.) unless specifically directed to close due to weather conditions.
Because weather and road conditions can change dramatically as the day progresses, the Park District will monitor weather conditions and announce closing updates throughout the day. Communication regarding any weather related closings and updates will be posted on the Park District of Highland Park website, Facebook, and app. The district will also post information on the Chicago Emergency Closing Center website www.emergencyclosingcenter.com. Emails will be sent to customers who have subscribed to the park district email program.