Hold your next event along the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan! The Rosewood Interpretive Center is the perfect spot for group meetings, family gatherings, or birthday parties and can accommodate up to 50 people. You need to see this space to believe that it exists right here in Highland Park!
Rental of the Interpretive Center includes:
- Use of the surrounding deck & Nature Beach Cove (no swimming allowed)
- Tables, chairs, refrigerator, WiFi
- An attendant present during the allotted rental time
Room Rental Fee
Summer (May 1-Oct 1)
Two hour minimum Mon-Fri from 6-10pm, Sat-Sun from 7-10pm
Fall, Winter, Spring (Oct 1-April 30)
Two hour minimum, daily until 10pm
Rental and Party Information
- Applications are processed on a first-come first serve basis. A resident may not be the applicant and/or payee for a nonresident.
- To serve alcohol at your event you will need to get liquor liability insurance naming the Park District of Highland Park as additionally insured. Alcohol must be kept in the designated area at all times.
- Park District sponsored activities have priority over other facility use.
- The time written on the application form is the approved rental time. Staff will set up tables and chairs. Renters may arrive 30 minutes prior to the rental time to deliver food, decorate, etc. A set up time longer than 30 minutes must be included on the Facility Rental/Use Contract and will be charged at the regular hourly rate.
- Swimming is only allowed in designed areas at designated dates and times.
- No glass containers are allowed outside of the Interpretive Center building and live animals are prohibited. Grills may not be brought in.
- All decorations, equipment and food may not be brought into the facility earlier than the approved rental time. The Park District cannot hold/store any items for future pickup. All decorations and equipment must be freestanding without attachment to walls, ceilings or floors.
- An additional 30 minutes after the rental time is reserved for cleanup. Groups staying beyond the 30 minutes will be charged for the full hour. Cleanup is the responsibility of the renter. Renter assumes responsibility for all actions of the group and usage of room and equipment.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the grounds of Rosewood Beach, including all parking lots.
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking, along with the $250 refundable cleaning/security deposit.
- No Food Trucks are allowed.
- A 90% of the total rental fees, plus damage deposit, will be refunded if requested more than 30 days prior to the event.
- A 50% of the total rental fees, plus damage deposit, will be refunded if requested less than 30 days, but more than 10 days prior to the event.
- A 30% of the total rental fees, plus damage deposit, will be refunded if requested less than 10 working days prior to the reserved date.