Acquired in 1924, Jens Jensen was then referred to as Station Park. The Park was renamed in 1980 to honor Jens Jensen, a landscape architect of national repute, and a resident of Highland Park, known for his use of natural materials and native shrubs and trees.
In 1930, the North Shore Garden Club commissioned Jens Jensen to design a memorial in honor Augusta Rosenwald. the Rosenwald Memorial which is located on the South East corner of the park. The memorial was installed and dedicated in 1930 and was selected because the park was a spot of beauty admired by Mrs. Rosenwald.
- Picnic Area