It’s that time of year! Heller Honey is now on sale! Purchase your honey at Heller Nature Center (Mon and Wed, 8:30am-5pm) or at the Recreation Center of Highland Park (Mon-Fri 7am-5pm, Sat and Sun 7am-1pm). It’s $11/jar and $0.25/honey stick or five for $1.
Heller Honey is 100% natural and produced by our very own Heller bees. Try out these yummy kid-friendly Heller honey recipes to get the most out of this sweet local treat. Enjoy!!!
- Honey Apple Nachos: Give your nachos a makeover and swap out chips and cheese for apples and honey! Cut your apple slices nice and thin and then cover them with Heller honey and your kids’ toppings of choice. It’s a healthy alternative to your traditional nachos, and a sweet treat for snack time!
- Honey Cereal Bars: These are great on the go! Grab your kids’ favorite cereal, ¾ cup of peanut butter, and ½ cup of Heller honey. Throw the peanut butter and honey into a saucepan and let them meltdown until they’re fully combined. Once that’s done, take it off the heat and mix in your cereal until it is evenly coated. Press that mixture into an 8×8 pan and refrigerate it for 1 hour before serving them to your kiddos!
- Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups: These 3-ingredient roll-ups will have your family buzzing! All you need is 2-3 cups of your family’s fruit of choice, 2-3 tablespoons of Heller honey, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Throw those 3 ingredients into a food processor and blend. Once smooth, pour your mixture onto a pan lined with plastic wrap and spread into a ¼ of an inch thickness. Let those dehydrate in the oven (what temperature?) for about 4-6 hours, and you have your very own fruit roll-ups!
- Honey Oatmeal Energy Bites: These no-bake bites are sure to make you the Queen Bee of the neighborhood! Combine 1 ½ cups of rolled oats, ¼ cup of honey, 1/3 cup of cashew butter, and 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed. Let this mixture chill out in the freezer for about 15 minutes and then roll them into bite-sized balls. Finish them off with a quick roll in some shredded coconut and enjoy!
- Honey Fruit Dip: This recipe is as easy as 1-2-3…which is exactly how many ingredients you need to make it! All you need to do for this yummy fruit dip is combine ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt, ¼ cup of peanut butter, and 2 tablespoons of Heller honey. It’s really that easy!