Play On Our Outdoor Courts
Experience the difference that a superior surface & lighting can make!
When the weather turns warmer, our program expands out onto our 28 outdoor hard courts and 4 outdoor clay courts. Courts are located at the following locations:
- Brown Park, 655 Burton Ave, 2 tennis/pickleball combo courts
- Cloverdale Park, 1780 Eastwood Ave, 2 tennis courts
- Danny Cunniff Park, 2700 Trail Way, 10 tennis & 6 pickleball courts
- Larry Fink Memorial Park, 1377 Clavey Rd, 8 tennis courts
- Old Elm Park, 3420 Krenn Ave, 2 tennis/pickleball combo courts
- Sunset Woods Park, 1801 Sunset Rd, 4 lighted clay & 3 lighted hard courts (2 lined for pickleball)
- Lighting Schedule
- April | Dusk – 9 pm (hard courts)
- May-Aug | Dusk – 10 pm (all courts)
- Sept-Oct | Dusk – 9 pm (hard courts)
- Woodridge Park 150, Barberry Rd, 1 tennis & 2 pickleball courts
Pickleball courts are available for no more than 4 patrons at a time.
Clay Court Reservation System
Memorial Day Weekend – Labor Day Weekend
Reservations are required for the Sunset Woods Park clay tennis courts through our new YourCourts online reservation system. Residents may reserve a court up to 7 days in advance beginning at 7am. Non-residents may reserve a court one day in advance beginning at 1pm.
You must set up your account prior to making reservations. Approval of your account may take up to 72 hours to process. You will receive a confirmation email when your account is approved.
Outdoor Tennis Court Rack-up System Guidelines
All outdoor HARD courts are FREE, open to the public, and have no attendants. Players are required to use the following rack-up system to reserve a court:
- Hang your racquet in the designated area for that court prior to the scheduled court change.
- Remain with your racquet to validate your reservation.
- Courts must be yielded promptly at the scheduled time. Please be considerate and allow points in progress to be completed without interruption.
- No double racking allowed.
- All courts change on the hour.
All Park District tennis programs have priority use during spring/summer/camp programs. Dogs are NOT allowed on the courts. Rollerblading, skateboarding, and biking are not allowed on the courts.
Outdoor Pickleball Guidelines & Open Play Times
If courts are open and no one is waiting, you can use any available court.
Once courts are full, players are required to use the rack system to determine the order of play as follows:
- Waiting players should put their paddle in the next available tube to hold their place in line; the rotation moves left to right. The “next sign should be moved down the rack as players rotate.
- Players wishing to play as a group may do so by racking together.
- Courts rotate after one game or after 15 minutes if an actual game is not being played.
- When a game is finished, players must leave the court allowing the next racked players to rotate in. If players are waiting, players from the finishing court may complete the foursome.
- Single and doubles play are permitted.
- Games are played to 11 (win by 2).
All Park District programs have priority use of the courts. Only Park District staff are permitted to provide lessons on the courts; each occurrence subject to a FINE: PD Ord. Sec. 6.02; 7.01; 2.33 (d). Pickleball play only on these courts – no roller blades, skateboards, bicycles or dogs allowed. Play is prohibited when snow or ice are present. Shoveling is strictly prohibited.
Danny Cunniff Open Play
To promote the game for individual players, Open Play Times have been established on the following days and times.
During these times:
- All players must rotate in as individuals using the rack-up system. Waiting players should put their paddle in the next available tube to hold their place in line; the rotation moves left to right. The “next sign” should be moved down the rack as players rotate.
- Games are played to 11 (win by 2).
- Courts rotate after one game.
- When a game in finished, players must leave the court allowing the next racked players to rotate in. If players are waiting, players from the finishing court may complete the foursome.
Programs available for beginners through seasoned pros!