8-9am: Community Yoga at Rosewood Beach
Enjoy a free class held outside on the boardwalk. (Please note: class will be canceled in the event of rain.)
10am: Remembrance Ceremony at City Hall
11am: Community Walk
11:30am-1:30pm: Community Picnic at Sunset Woods (1801 Sunset Road)
Bring your lawn chairs and picnic blankets and enjoy a fun relaxing picnic in the park with your friends and neighbors. All ages are welcome!
- Live musical performances by Rod Tuffcurls & the Bench Press, Highland Park Pops, and the Ava Maria Dance Ministry
- Food (for purchase)
- Family-friendly games and activities
Picnic Parking Instructions (view parking map)
- Limited parking is available at Sunset Woods parking lot off Sunset Road. Vehicular traffic can access the Sunset Road parking lot ONLY from Park Avenue. Sunset Road will be blocked off at Central Road.
- Street parking is not allowed on Sunset Road or any side streets off Sunset Road.
- Additional parking is available at the Highland Park Hospital in the east lot, located on the north side of Park Avenue across the street from Sunset Woods Park. There is a traffic light and pedestrian crosswalk at this intersection allowing attendees to safely travel from the hospital to Sunset Woods Park.
Additional Picnic Instructions
- All ages are welcome!
- Some picnic tables will be available, but we encourage participants to bring lawn chairs and picnic blankets.
- A first aid tent and Red Cross tent will be located to the east of the warming house in the center of the park.
- Bathrooms and port-o-lets will be located at the west end of the warming house in the center of the park.
- For the safety of our residents, police, fire, and crisis response team members will be at the picnic if anyone needs assistance. The crisis response team is composed of licensed social workers, victim specialists or otherwise trained professionals. Police and fire will be in uniform. The crisis response team will be in green vests.
- In the event of inclement weather, the picnic will be cancelled.
- Follow us on Facebook or check our website for event updates.