In 1897, Foleys Pond was a brickyard owned by the Foley family, where they mined the area for clay to make bricks. About 20-30 feet down they hit an underground spring and the hole quickly filled with water creating a pond. The Park District bought the pond from Mr. Foley in 1925.
The pond was stocked with bass, perch and pickerel. During the 1930’s and 1940’s wild canaries roosted in the trees around Foley’s Pond. The pond is tucked between the first and second hole at Sunset Valley Golf Course.
- Walking paths