All boaters who have not registered for annual storage but wish to register for Winter Storage must register online at pdhp.org beginning September 29, 2022 at 9:00am.
Winter Storage Space Availability
The number of spaces available is always dependent on the size of the vessels.
North Pad Storage: 4 spaces.
South Pad Storage: 4 spaces.
Tier/Rack Storage: 4 spaces.
Winter Storage Fees
Includes $100 storage fee deposit.
Refundable if boat is removed prior to April 29.
—Fees listed are Resident/Non-Resident—
North Pad Storage Compound/Fenced Storage
Click to register 1000977-A
South Pad Storage Compound
Click to register 1000977-B
Click to register 1000977-C
Thursday, March 31 through Tuesday, April 5 to obtain
Motorized: boaters may forfeit their space, if not registered by April 5.
Non-Motorized: storage is dependent on lakefront conditions; we will approve spaces as available by mid-April.
Begins Wednesday, April 6
Begins Wednesday, April 13
Motorized: Register online. In order to complete the registration process, new boaters must contact Debbie Pierce at email@example.com with proof of residency and proof of boat ownership documents.
Boat storage applicants are assigned spaces on a first come/first serve basis. Residents receive priority to obtain a seasonal storage space. (Limited availability).
You will be contacted if we are unable to fill your registration request.
Non-Motorized: Due to availability, we only accept applications to be on a waitlist. Please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a spot on the waitlist. Residents receive priority to obtain a seasonal storage space.
• Depending on availability you may be waitlisted.
• Please register for the waitlist online only.
• If space becomes available, you will be notified in the order of the online waitlist.
• Registrations will only be taken from the online waitlist, not phone or email requests.
2022 Important Dates & Fee Schedule
March 31 9am
Returning 2021 boaters may register for the 2022 summer season and purchase one additional parking decal. (One per household – online only).
New Motorized Resident boaters may register online at pdhp.org. To COMPLETE the registration process, new boaters must contact Debbie Pierce at email@example.com with proof of residency and proof of boat ownership documents. Returning Boaters may continue to register online, but spaces are not guaranteed.
New Motorized Non-Resident boaters may register online at pdhp.org. In order to COMPLETE the registration process, new boaters must contact Debbie Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of residency and proof of boat ownership documents.
Boat Storage Season begins (weather permitting).
2021/2022 Refundable Winter Storage Fee deposit processed for boaters who removed their boat from their winter storage space prior to Apr 30, 2022.
End of 2022 Summer storage season (Boats should be removed or owner will forfeit $100 refundable storage fee deposit, except for boaters who chose to purchase Year-Round storage season option.)
Getting Your Season Decals
Launch Pass Decal
For returning boaters who have purchased their passes online by May 15, your launch decal will be mailed. For passes purchased after May 16, either online or in-person, you may pick up your decal at Recreation Center of Highland Park, 1207 Park Avenue West 5 days after your registration date. Registrants must provide driver’s license & printed email confirmation of registration along with a copy of their proof of ownership (if not on file) to receive decal.
Please note: All USCG Vessel Safety Checklists must be received prior to launching motorized vessels. Due to Covid 19 guidelines the USCG has not scheduled times for vessel checks at Park Avenue Boating Facility.
Contact Donna Feldman at 847.597.8125 for more information or to arrange an appointment.
Storage and Launch Pass Decal
After registering, your storage decal and map will be mailed to you.The storage decal, map, and gate access (if applicable) will be mailed. See note above regarding required Vessel Safety Checks for ALL motorized vessels.
Season Parking Decal*
- For returning boaters who have purchased their passes online by May 15, your parking decal will be mailed. For passes purchased online after May 16, you may pick up your decal at The Recreation Center of Highland Park, 1207 Park Avenue West 5 days after your registration date. Registrants must provide driver’s license and printed email confirmation of registration along with a copy of their proof of ownership (if not on file) to receive decal.
- Starting May 1, parking decals may also be purchased in-person at the Recreation Center of Highland Park during regular business hours.
*Parking decal is included with season storage.
In-Season Storage & Launch with Parking
Power Boat In-Season Storage & Launch
PWC In-Season Storage & Launch
Sailboats or Catamaran In-Season Storage
Board Boat Tiers or Cables, In-Season Storage & Launch
Catamaran Cable In-Season Storage
Stand Up Paddleboards Indoor In-Season Storage
Stand Up Paddleboards Outdoor In-Season Storage
*Includes $100 refundable storage fee deposit, if boat is removed prior to October 15, 2022.
**Includes annual boat ramp improvement fee (10% of launch fee)
Year-Round Season Storage & Launch with Parking
Power Boat Year-Round Storage/Launch
PWC Year-Round Storage & Launch
Includes Parking (limited availability)
Sailboats/Catamaran Year-Round Storage & Launch
Board Boat Tiers Year-Round Storage & Launch
*Effective April 30, 2022 thru April 29, 2023 Non-refundable storage fee is NOT required.
**Includes Ramp Improvement fee (10% of Launch Fee)
Season Launch with Parking
Power Boat In-Season Launch
Personal Watercraft In-Season Launch
Sailboats/Catamaran Launch ONLY
** Includes annual boat ramp improvement fee (10% of launch fee)
Additional Season Parking Decal
Park Avenue Parking Decal
Proof of Residency
To receive resident rates, bring your Highland Park Drivers License, along with one of the following documents (which displays a Highland Park address):
- Current Park District tax bill
- State of Illinois ID card
- Current automobile registration
- Copy of real estate contract
- Current US Coast Guard Auxiliary Vessel Safety Check
- Proof of vessel ownership
*The Park District reserves the right to reject incomplete or illegible registration applications submitted either online or in-person.
Board Boat Storage (kayak/sailboat) is located on the South Beach.
- Storage space is available either on our three tiers storage racks or on beach cable.
- Each season launch pass include one vessel decal and one parking decal.
- Racks for sails and other equipment are also available for an additional fee.
- All Power Boats will be stored on the North pad (Inside or Outside of the Fenced in area). Double hull boats are stored only on the South pad. Sailboats are stored ONLY on the South pad.
- Boat placement at the discretion of the Park District.
- Boat storage spaces are assigned according to boat type and storage location.
- Each assigned storage space includes: one storage decal, one launch decal and one vehicle/trailer parking decal.
*Loss from theft, vandalism or accident resulting during storage of any personal property on park premises is at the owner’s risk and the Park District is not held responsible.