Ditch your electronic devices and plug into fun and activities for all ages at “Unplug Illinois Day” on July 10 from 10am to noon at Sunset Woods Park. The event is free!
The event’s activities include:
- Water Play – Children ages 3-6 can splish and splash with water play including slip n slides, sprinklers, and inflatable water slides. Make sure the kiddos are dressed in water-play friendly clothing.
- Skate Board Demonstrations – Don’t miss the phenomenal skateboarding demonstrations from “JoJo” (13) and “JuJu” (12) Jones. These brothers have been skateboarding since they were toddlers and compete in skateboarding competitions across the country. Demonstrations will be at 10:15am and 11:30am. You don’t want to miss this!
- Obstacle Course – Pre-school and elementary school ages will have fun trying out our obstacle course on the basketball court. Available throughout the event.
- Fitness Sessions – Unplug and experience the benefits of fresh air, sunshine, and full-body strength exercises that include your core and cardio. Each 15-minute session is led by our superstar Recreation Center Group Fitness Coordinator, Lauren. No equipment is needed. Dress to glisten and bring your water bottle and yes you can mindset!
- Class Schedule:
- PickleBall – For those who want to learn one of the country’s fastest-growing sport and beginning players. Our pro will guide you through the rules and techniques of the game. Paddles and balls will be available.
Our Planning Department staff will be on hand to gather community input on potential future features for the park as part of the Sunset Woods Park master planning project.
Unplug Illinois is a collaborative initiative between the University of Illinois and Illinois Parks and Recreation Association to raise awareness and educate communities across the state about the value of parks and recreation.