The Recreation Center of Highland Park offers a variety affordable of membership options to meet your unique needs. Our 30 –day; month to month; and annual resident, student, limited, couple, family and senior passes range from $26 – $75 per person/month for residents.
Not sure if membership is for you… Try a free week out on us! (some restrictions apply)
Don’t forget our ultimate swimming pass! Enjoy indoor swimming at the Recreation Center of Highland Park and outdoor swimming Hidden Creek Aqua in one combined pass. Members receive free aquatic group exercise classes and discounts on Kid Fit childcare at the Recreation Center too! Ultimate Swim Pass ranges from $16 – $36 per person/month for residents
Do You Struggle With Commitment? Recreation Center of Highland Park is now offering month to month and 30 day memberships. The option to pay month to month with no binding contract offers you maximum flexibility…in more ways then one! Group exercise classes are included.
Memberships include full facility access to all Recreation Center of Highland Park amenities including equipment on the fitness floor, open/lap swim, running/walking track, open gym, and the entire drop in group exercise schedule.
|Individual||Monthly Resident||Monthly Nonresident|
|Month to Month||$62||$72|
|Couple/Family||Monthly Resident||Monthly Nonresident|
|Senior Couple Annual||$39/person||$49/person|
*For the first three family members. Additional family members are free ($105/family).
Day Pass Fees
Welcome to Kid Fit
If you have smaller children, we know that being able to count on quality and affordable childcare makes it so much easier to commit to a fitness regimen. That’s why we’re proud to offer professional childcare services for children ages 6 months to 10 years. This service is available to our members and guests.
Parents must remain on-site while their children are in the Kid Fit area. On your first visit, please plan to spend a few extra moments helping your child adjust to the Kid Fit area, and to fill out an information sheet about your child, including food allergies and any special information that will help us care for your child.
Because we want you to feel absolutely certain that your child is being well cared for during your time at the Recreation Center, we urge you to contact us at 847.579.4054 with questions or concerns.
Hours of Operation
Time Limits (for Kid Fit & TIMEOUT)
- Children 6-18 months, 90-minutes maximum per day
- Children 18 months-10 years, 2-hours maximum per day
Kid Fit Fees
Fees are based on the cost of 1 child for 1 hour of service
|Single Visit||10-Visit Pass|
Kid Fit Annual Membership Add-on
$20/month for the first child, $6/month for each additional child.
Purchase this membership add-on and enjoy unlimited use of the Kid Fit (childcare) area for your children. The upgrade must be purchased with an active annual membership and is valid concurrently for the entire membership term. Daily time restrictions still apply.
Mom & Dad’s TIMEOUT
Your child can spend time with us while you run your errands! Moms and Dads can leave the Recreation Center and still enjoy the benefits of the Kid Fit Center. TIMEOUT hours are Monday-Friday 11am-2:30pm and Saturday-Sunday 10:30am-1pm. Time limits still apply. Reservations are required.
Fees are based on the cost of 1 child
Annual Aquatic Memberships
The Recreation Center of Highland Park and Hidden Creek Aqua Park have come together to offer the ultimate swimming pass. Enjoy the Recreation Center indoor Aquatic Center and the seasonal outdoor use of Hidden Creek AquaPark all in one combined pass. Members receive free aquatic group exercise classes and discounts on Kid Fit childcare at the Recreation Center. Membership is valid one year from the date of purchase. Previous discounts do not apply.
|Monthly Fees||Resident Fee||Nonresident Fee|
|Senior Couple Annual||$16/person||$20/person|
- Month-to-Month: Available to individuals ages 11 and older and provides the same benefits as the individual Annual Membership, including Group Exercise classes. Month to Month membership, must be longer than 30 days.
- Individual: This annual membership is for individuals 18 years of age and older.
- Limited: Provides members over the age of 18 with daily, full membership privileges to the Recreation Center during the restricted hours of 10:30am-4pm.
- Couple: This annual membership is for two adults, 18 years of age and older, who are sharing the same residence and living expenses; or a parent and their dependant child; or two dependent children living in the household. Children must be under the age of 18 and unmarried, or a full-time college student through age 23.
- Family: This annual membership is for immediate family members living in the same residence and includes the father, mother, all children under the age of 18 and unmarried, full-time college students through age 23.
- Student: This annual membership is available to anyone between the ages of 11 and 23 who are full time students. Student ID must be presented at the time of purchase for high school and college students. Students under the age of 18 must register with a parent.
- Senior: This annual membership is for individuals 65 years of age and older.
- Senior Couple: This annual membership is for couples, one of which is of 65 years of age or older, who are sharing the same residence and living expenses.
- 30 day: Available to individuals 11 and older. Provides the same benefits as the individual Annual Membership and is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. Cannot be modified or prorated
Membership Payment Features
- Auto Charge: Pay by the month! When signing up for an annual membership, you may have your VISA, MasterCard or Discover card automatically charged on a monthly basis. A $5 per month service fee is charged in addition to your monthly membership dues.
- Auto Renew: Setup your annual membership to renew automatically upon its expiration date. All annual memberships paid by credit card must setup their membership with Auto-Renew. Members still have the option to pay in full at the beginning of each membership term or use Auto Charge to pay on a monthly basis. (Please note, the $5 per month service charge for the Auto Charge feature still applies.) Annual memberships not setup with the Auto Renew feature must be paid in full at the time of registration by cash or check. Make the next time you renew your membership the last time you bother with paperwork; sign up for Auto Renew.
Important Membership Information
- Proof of Residency: Proof of residency, family structure and school identification may be required. Documents that may be used to show proof of residency and family structure are a birth certificate, a valid Illinois driver’s license, an Illinois state-issued identification card or a current real estate tax bill with your name and Highland Park address.
- Age Restrictions: Participants must be 13 years of age or older to access the fitness floor. Participants ages 11 and 12 must successfully complete the “Intro to Fitness Program” prior to accessing the fitness floor (additional fee required).
Membership & Participant Handbook
The Recreation Center houses 2 high-school-regulation-sized basketball courts. Come and shoot around with the family, or pick up a game with friends during any of our open gym times.
Included with Membership for Recreation Center Members!
Members and nonmembers alike are welcome to participate in open gym. All participants must check in and receive a wristband prior to participating. The Recreation Center of Highland Park reserves the right to cancel and/or change open gym times without notice. A Recreation Center staff member has the right to revoke an individual’s open gym participation for misconduct.
To participate, a valid driver’s license and/or valid identification must be presented at the front desk and all players must sign in. You will then be given a wristband that you are required to wear during your participation.
No private training during open gym times unless authorized by the facility supervisor.
June 22 – July 7
The Open Gym Schedule is subject to change on a daily basis. Schedules are updated daily so please be sure to check the website and/or call before visiting.
|Dates||Court 1||Court 2|
|Monday, June 22||5:00-9:30am, 3:00-9:30pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-9:30pm|
|Tuesday, June 23||5:00-9:30am,3:00-6:00pm,|
|Wednesday, June 24||5:00-9:30am, 3:00-9:30pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-7:30pm|
|Thursday, June 25||5:00-10:00am,3:00-8:00pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-8:00pm|
|Friday, June 26||5:00-9:30am, 3:00-7:15pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-7:15pm|
|Saturday, June 27||6:30-9:00am ADULTS ONLY, 9:00-11:00am, 1:00-7:15pm||6:30am-2:00pm, 3:00-7:15pm|
|Sunday, June 28||6:30-8:00am, 10:00am-7:15pm||6:30-8:00am, 10:00am-7:15pm|
|Monday, June 29||5:00-9:30am, 3:00-9:30pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-9:30pm|
|Tuesday, June 30||5:00-9:30am,3:00-6:00pm,|
|Wednesday, July 1||5:00-9:30am, 3:00-6:00pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-6:00pm|
|Thursday, July 2||5:00-9:30am, 3:00-9:30pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-9:30pm|
|Friday, July 3||5:00-9:30am, 3:00-7:15pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-7:15pm|
|Saturday, July 4||6:30-9:00am ADULTS ONLY, 9:00-11:45am,||6:30-11:45am|
|Sunday' July 5||6:30-8:00am, 10:45am-7:15pm||6:30am-7:15pm|
|Monday, July 6||5:00-9:30am, 3:00-9:30pm||5:00-9:00am, 3:00-9:30pm|
|Tuesday, July 7||5:00-9:30am,3:00-6:00pm,|
8-9am- Patriot Ride with Melissa
8-9:15am- Liberty Bell Yoga with Jessica
8:30-9:30am- Fireworks WERQ Dance with Hilary
8:30-9:30am- Star Spangled Aqua with Yael
9:30-10:30am- Constitution Ride with Armando
All Drop-in Group Exercise Classes are included with your Recreation Center Membership!
(Aquatic Classes included with Aquatic Membership)
The Recreation Center of Highland Park offers the best and most innovative classes in the area. Popular formats include: Indoor Cycle, ZUMBA, Yoga, strength, core, flexibility, boot camp, WERQ and water fitness classes.
Our Summer Fit for Life schedule lists classes geared towards active older adults. View the schedule here
For up to date information on classes, subs, and cancellations, please view the RC Beat. You can also get regular email updates by subscribing to the RC Beat. To receive the RC Beat weekly click here and provide the email address you would like it sent to.
Members: Drop-in Group Exercise classes are included in your annual membership
Non-member: Non Members can utilize group exercise classes in additional to the fitness floor by paying the appropriate day fee.
The best and most efficient way to reach your fitness goals is to enlist a personal trainer. Let our nationally certified team of trainers develop a detailed fitness regimen specifically for you. We’ll work with you to define your own personal fitness goals and keep you motivated and focused while you achieve them!
3 options to get started with a personal trainer:
1. Call Justin Hanlin, Personal Training Coordinator at 847.579.4050.
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your name, availability (days and times) and your goals and any limitations you may have. Request a Personal Trainer via email
3. Stop at the fitness desk. The desk staff will have you fill out a personal training request form
*Please remember: The more availability you give us, the easier it will be to find you a trainer.
Personal Training Rates
|30-Minute Sessions||45-Minute Sessions||1 Hour Sessions|
|30-Minute Sessions||45-Minute Sessions||1 Hour Sessions|
Everyone from tots to adults can take advantage of the Recreation Center of Highland Park Swimming Pool. Our full complement of Learn-to-Swim classes is perfect for participants of all ages who want to become comfortable in the water. If you are a swimming veteran, revitalize with a full body workout in the pool. Aquatic Master training is available to develop your water workout. For more information and pricing contact Shari Heymann at email@example.com or call 847-579-4051.
The Recreation Center of Highland Park and Hidden Creek AquaPark have come together to offer the ultimate swimming pass. Enjoy both facilities in one pass! Members receive free aquatic drop-in group and discounts on training, the Kid Fit Area at the Recreation Center and select aquatic programs. Membership is valid one year from the date of purchase. Previous discounts do not apply. For membership descriptions and pricing visit our Membership Page
Indoor Pool Schedule Aquatic Schedule June 15-August 8
The indoor pool offers a variety of drop in times for open swim, family swim, learn to swim and more. Plus, there is always at least one lane open for lap swimming.
The pool will be closed on July 26 from 2:30-3:30pm
Water Exercise is offered at the Recreation Center and Hidden Creek Aqua Park in the summer. Please refer to the
attached schedule. Summer AquaticExercise Flyer-0528;
Early Childhood(Ages 3-Grade K)
Based on the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim curriculum, these classes incorporate songs, games and fun to ease students into the aquatic environment.
Youth Learn-to-Swim (Ages 6-15)
Based on the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim curriculum, the classes include skill progression in all fundamental aquatic motor skills.
Summer session registration is currently underway! There are two five week sessions;
Session 1: Jun 1-Jul 2
Session 2: Jul 6-Aug 8
Register in-person @ Recreation Center Desk from 9am-6pm.
Fax to 847.831.4040
Mail-In (Park District of Highland Park, Attn: Registration, 636 Ridge Road, Highland Park, IL 60035)
Often, the most effective way to learn to swim is by enlisting the help of a private instructor. The Recreation Center of Highland Park offers private and semi-private swimming lessons for participants of all ages. Based on the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim curriculum, swimmers will receive personalized instruction based on their needs and current swim abilities. For safety purposes, all spectators must observe classes from the observation room. For more information on signing up for private swim lessons, contact Shari Heymann 847.579.4051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Recreation Center of Highland Park is the perfect gathering place to socialize with friends, network with colleagues or hang out with the family. Hold your next birthday party or business function in the beautiful spaces of the Recreation Center of Highland Park! The pool, gymnasium, studios (dance and spin) and multi-purpose rooms are all available for rental.
The Recreation Center also accommodates large events such as bar & bat mitzvahs. The pool, gymnasiums and multipurpose rooms are available for rental. For more information on renting space at the Recreation Center, contact Debbie Pierce at 847.579.4049 or at email@example.com.
$125 & Up/hour
Recreation Center of Highland Park Gymnasium Court Rentals
Multi-purpose Room Rentals
Large Room (both rooms): $125/hour
Room 101: $50/hour
Room 102: $75/hour
After Hour Rentals
Let us open our doors just for you! The pool, gymnasium, studios and multi-purpose rooms may be rented after business hours. Our facility is perfect for large social events like bar/bat mitzvahs, family reunions, charity events and company outings. Prices vary accordingly. Please contact us for more information.
Additional staff may be provided by the Recreation Center of Highland Park for any function held within our facility. If interested, ask for more information when booking. If you wish to provide you own attendant, you must receive approval from the Recreation Center of Highland Park prior to the date of your event.
Let us do the planning for your party. (Fees based on 20 participants.)
$250 & Up
Includes 1-hour in the pool followed by 45 minutes in a party room. Lifeguard included.
$250 & Up
Includes 1-hour in the gym followed by 45 minutes in a party room. Party attendant included.
Zumba/Fitness Fun Party:
$300 & Up
Includes a 1-hour Zumba or Fitness class followed by 45 minutes in a party room. Instructor included.