Enjoy a great workout at a great price. Our bright and beautiful facility is conveniently located right in the heart of Highland Park. The Rec Center offers the amenities of a traditional fitness club and is the Park District’s community hub. It’s the place where you’ll see familiar faces, where the workout is not intimidating, and where you can chat with friends before heading out to manage the rest of your day.
A list of our current amenities:
- Six-lane, 25-yard pool offers a variety of programs including group & private swimming lessons, swim classes, lap swim & open swim times.
- Two regulation basketball courts available for Open Gym.
- Basketball Court rentals are available at designated times.
- 1/12 mile elevated running/walking track.
- At this time our KidFit childcare is not available.
- The 5,850-square-foot fitness center includes treadmills, elliptical trainers, cross trainers, rowing machines, stair climbers, arc trainers, upright and recumbent bikes and a full line of strength and resistance equipment and free weight area.
- State-of-the-art audio/visual equipment.
- Group Exercise classes are scheduled in the Gymnasium, Studio 1, Studio 2, Spin Studio and outdoors.
- Stages Studio Pro Plus Cycling is here! Spin on superior indoor bike with the leading cycle interactive experiences and engagement.
- Personal training studio.
- Locker rooms.
- Vending machines.
- Rentals at the Recreation Center are limited at this time, for more information contact Debbie Pierce, at 847.579.4047.